Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spontaneous Crafting


Sometimes I just have to embark on random spontaneous crafts!  
I can't help myself!


This Shirt started out as this shirt
I began altering this top by cutting off the sleeves, neck and bottom hem, then just kept going.  
I cut a deep V into the front of the shirt and cut the armholes a bit longer.  then I got the idea to cut off the side seems and lace up each side.  this was the most challenging part, since I had to do some measuring to make sure the holes were evenly spaced and matched the other side. 
Once all of the cutting and lacing was finished I decided it needed something.  So I block printed a few bees onto the top at random places (there are 2 on the front and one on the back)


All in all, it was a pretty easy project.  It took me about an hour from start to finish (not including the photo-shoot)
And, I love how it turned out!
by the way, I'm wearing a bikini top underneath.  And, the skirt is from The Gap, and used to be white.  I dyed it brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment