Sometimes I just have to embark on random spontaneous crafts!
I can't help myself!
This Shirt started out as this shirt.
I began altering this top by cutting off the sleeves, neck and bottom hem, then just kept going.
I cut a deep V into the front of the shirt and cut the armholes a bit longer. then I got the idea to cut off the side seems and lace up each side. this was the most challenging part, since I had to do some measuring to make sure the holes were evenly spaced and matched the other side.
Once all of the cutting and lacing was finished I decided it needed something. So I block printed a few bees onto the top at random places (there are 2 on the front and one on the back)
All in all, it was a pretty easy project. It took me about an hour from start to finish (not including the photo-shoot)
And, I love how it turned out!
by the way, I'm wearing a bikini top underneath. And, the skirt is from The Gap, and used to be white. I dyed it brown.